SPIKED COLD BREW OVERVIEW
What is Cafe Agave Spiked Cold Brew?
- Cafe Agave Spiked Cold Brew Coffee is a, first of its kind, blend of real gourmet coffee and alcohol served in a convenient ready to drink, single serve can.
- It is a unique formulation of alcohol, real dairy cream, cold brewed coffee, agave sweetener and other natural sugars & flavors.
- Our alcohol base is a 12.5% ABV, kosher wine (equivalent to about 1 glass of wine).
- We use 100% Arabica, Dark Roasted Cold Brewed Coffee.
- Contains natural caffeine.
- Gluten free.
What flavors does it come in?
- Four top coffee house flavors: Espresso Shot, Caffe Mocha, Salted Caramel and Vanilla Cinnamon.
- Espresso Shot: A perfectly blended espresso brew made from premium, dark roasted, arabica coffee, real dairy cream & agave sweetener.
- Caffe Mocha: The silky, smooth flavors of mocha made with premium dark roast arabica coffee and the rich flavors of pure cocoa.
- Salted Caramel: The perfectly balanced, classic flavors of natural sea salt and caramel blended with premium, dark roast arabica coffee.
- Vanilla Cinnamon: The rich flavor of creamy vanilla and toasted cinnamon blended with premium dark roast arabica coffee.
HOW MUCH CAFFEINE IS IN EACH SERVING?
- Approximately 42mg of natural caffeine per serving (can).
- This is equivalent to about ½ of a cup of brewed coffee.
WHAT’S THE SHELF LIFE AND DOES IT NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
- Our products do NOT require refrigeration, though we recommend serving chilled or over ice.
- Shelf life is 18 months.
COLD BREW 101
- Cold brewing is a method of brewing coffee over a long period of time (typically 10-16 hours) without heat.
- Cold brew coffee tastes less bitter than traditional hot-brewed coffee because cold brew has approximately 67% less acidity than hot-brewed coffee.
- Rather than being made in 35 minutes at high temperatures, cold brew coffee is made over a period of 12-24 hours at low temperatures (room temperature or below).
- This process takes longer since heat is the catalyst in traditional brewing, but since cold water is being used (or rather hot water is not being used), the roasty flavors and aromas from the beans are gradually extracted, but the acrid oils and acids are left behind.
- This makes for a richer, smoother, and sweeter brew. The difference is actually so great, that people who never drink their morning brew without cream and sugar often find themselves drinking their cold brew black.
- The Cold Brew Process produces a smooth, rich coffee that is very low in acidity and naturally higher in caffeine.
DOES THE COFFEE MATTER?
ARABICA VS ROBUSTO
- Yes, it definitely does. Cafe Agave uses 100% Arabica Coffee.
- Arabica coffee beans are far superior to Robusta in terms of flavor and quality. They are grown at higher elevations for longer periods of time giving the beans more time to develop their flavor.
- Robusta contains more caffeine than Arabica which contributes to a harsher taste. They tend to produce a higher yield and are used for lower quality coffee and instant coffee.
WHY WE CHOOSE DARK ROAST
- Dark roast coffee is commonly described as having an intense, full-bodied, bittersweet and bold flavor, largely due to the roasting process.
- Tastes converge towards chocolatey darkness, and there is less in the way of floral, berry, fruit, citrus. We think this bold and rich flavor is perfect for our spiked ready to serve cold brew.
WHERE TO BUY IT
WHAT STATES CARRY IT?
- Cafe Agave Spiked Cold Brew is currently sold in Nevada, California, Arizona and New York.
- Coming in Fall 2019: Colorado, Texas, Indiana, Washington, Oregon, Iowa, Connecticut, Maine.
- Coming in Spring 2020: New Mexico, Kansas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Ohio, South Carolina, New Hampshire.
- Watch here for additional states throughout the balance of 2020.
- On-line sales are available now.
WHAT STORES CARRY IT?
- Because Cafe Agave is wine based, it can be sold in accounts that carry Beer & Wine or Spirits licenses. This means you can find it in local restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, convenience stores, liquor stores and other fine retailers near you.
- If you don’t see us, ask your local retailer to email us at our contact details below!
WHAT DOES THE NAME CAFE AGAVE MEAN?
- “Cafe” represents the products that we make – all things coffee.
- “Agave” pays homage to the agave plant our Southern CA roots. We sweeten our products with agave nectar in addition to other sugars.
HOW CAN WE KEEP IN TOUCH?
Follow us on Social Media: @cafeagave